The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

October 01, 2014

Parakeet in Ginkgo tree, Tokyo

Lovely photo of a parakeet in a Ginkgo tree in Tokyo, Japan.
Photo by Japanese photographer Yoshinori Mizutani: ""When I first saw them I was afraid – I thought I was going to be attacked, like in Hitchcock's The Birds." The parrots were taken to Tokyo as pets in the 70s from tropical regions such as India and Sri Lanka, and the city's trees are now inhabited by feral parakeets. Mizutani photographed them mainly at night, when they would roost in local Ginkgo trees. Mizutani says, "I wanted people to know another side of Tokyo by photographing a surprising scene beautifully.""

Subscribe to receive free email updates.-- Cor Kwant

Visit my website The Ginkgo Pages.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home