The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

August 11, 2013

Oldest Ginkgo tree North America in Bartram's Garden


The oldest Ginkgo biloba tree in North America  is documented at Bartram's Garden. Botanist William Hamilton introduced the Ginkgo there in 1785.
Location: Bartram House and Garden, 54th Street & Lindbergh Boulevard, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, PA. East side of the House looking east.

Photo: website of the Library of Congress.
Here you can download larger formats of this photo.

Read more about this remarkable tree on Bartram's Garden website.
Read more about the Ginkgo's history on my website.

Subscribe to receive free email updates.-- Cor Kwant

Visit my website The Ginkgo Pages.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home