The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

November 21, 2008

Leaves of Ginkgo trees fall at the same time




A weird experience, Ginkgo leaves often fall in a short period. In 1 or 2 days or even in 1 or 2 hours! Video by TheGingerChick: "All the Ginkgo trees lose their leaves at the same time, like it's raining leaves."

See many videos of the sudden leaf drop of the Ginkgo tree on the
video playlist on my website.


And/or read the poem "The Consent" by Howard Nemerov on my website (with photos) .

2 Comments:

At 12/10/2008, Blogger Unknown said...

We have those trees in our town, Alamogordo NM-at least I think that's what they are, we have one in our front yard that does the same thing, today in fact! All over town the trees were doing the same thing, it's crazy that it does it on the same day!

 
At 5/25/2010, Blogger Unknown said...

What fun! I work at the Kansas City Art Institute and was doing a Google search to see what was out there about how ginkgo trees all lose their leaves at the same time - the first site I came to was your video, and what were you documenting? The ginkgo trees at KCAI losing their leaves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home