The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

January 11, 2006

Ginkgo temperature range

Hello,
I love your website, and all of the information about this incredible tree!
What I had trouble figuring out, was the range of temperatures that Ginko grows best in.
I live just east of Denver, CO and the temperatures here range between -10(F) and 100(F). We also have a fairly dry climate. My sister, who lives apx. 75 miles south of us, has a century tree next to her house. I have read that those are Australian natives, and I believed would not grow in our highly fluctuating climate.
Our temperatures can range from 20 degrees to 80 degrees within one week, or even (rarely) in one day!
I would love to have a response,
Topic sent by Linda Rockhold
Aurora, CO, USA

3 Comments:

At 1/11/2006, Blogger Cor Kwant said...

On my Where-page I mention in Colorado, Denver, 1 old Ginkgo. Perhaps someone else knows another location in your area?

 
At 3/08/2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How amazing! I too live South east of Denver, Colorado and was wondering whether or not a a ginkgo would survive here in our yard. It's now 2008, so I am hoping that you may have learned about how well they may survive here. By chance this is the first blog I have read...hope you can help.
Kristreene

 
At 1/07/2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour ! et Félicitations pour le contenu de votre site web!
Je veux juste mentionner les conditions météorologiques que le Ginkgo biloba doit supporter dans ma région. Cet arbre survit très bien dans la zone de rusticité 4B,
soit en bordure du Fleuve St-Laurent près de la ville de Québec, au Canada. Les Températures hivernales minimum peuvent atteindre -25 (F) à -30 (F) au cours des mois de Décembre, janvier et février.

Guy
Jan 6, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home