The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

November 15, 2005

Ginkgo tree

Post your question and/or comment about the Ginkgo tree.
Here in the Netherlands where I live winter is getting near and the Ginkgos here are showing their beautiful golden leaves. There's a big difference though between individual trees, some are still green, others are yellowing or are completely yellow or even lost their leaves. A beautiful time to make photos!

6 Comments:

At 11/20/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to plant my little ginko in soil (now in a pot). When is the best time?

 
At 11/22/2005, Blogger Cor Kwant said...

Hi, best time is in fall just after the leaves have fallen or spring just before the leaves appear.
Good luck!

 
At 11/29/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really interested in a Ginko Biloba tree. My wife and I just bought a single family home, and might move after 5 or so years. can I pot the tree, can I pot for several years, or does the tree need to go straight nto the ground? Thanks for the help, and BOY what a site you have!!!

Noir

 
At 1/11/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we just wanted to know how long does it takes the tree to grow up?
please, if you can answer us!
thanh you

 
At 1/12/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking for aid to save my ginkgo (40 or 45 years old). It has appeared in October and without to have reached a normal follicular development, has begun to lose the leaves. In Buenos Aires, Argentina, nobody knows of diseases of ginkgo.

Der Stamm und einige Äste sind dunkel geworden. Einige neue Blätter blühen
aber es scheint uns als ohne Kraft und sie sind dicker und härter.

 
At 7/17/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a female Ginkgo planted in our front garden of ex-Bishop Blackall School headmistress' house in approx 1891 when the school & house were built, Exeter UK. It is c. 55' tall and has fantastic autumn colour, with not too many fruit. We have just noticed some bark rot and want to know where/if we can get any advice how to best treat it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home